Landscapes may become neglected over time but a thorough landscape maintenance upgrade can restore your gardens to their former glory. The unchecked growth of shrubs and trees, weeds in planted beds, and lack of nutrients can all seriously detract from the appearance of your landscape, and affect the significant investment that gardens represent.
For both strata and commercial properties, it is important to keep the landscape looking its best for these reasons:
Interestingly, the highest cost recovery from investing time and money into landscape beautification comes from the least expensive project (reported by National Association of Realtors)
- Standard lawn care service — had the highest cost recovery (217%)
- Followed by landscape maintenance (104%)
- Overall landscape upgrade (100%)
- Outdoor kitchen (100%).
- In-ground pool (56%)
- Fire feature (56%)
Strategically placed plants can help manage water runoff and soil erosion, thereby reducing any flood risks. These environmental benefits will play a part to help combat climate change and an eco-friendly and sustainably designed landscape will be seen as an asset and positively impact property value.
A survey conducted by the National Association of Realtors found that 61% of homeowners have a greater desire to be home when their landscape is properly maintained, and 48% reported an inceased sense of enjoyment when they are at home.
How the Para Space Difference will restore your landscape:
- Removal of leaves and other debris. Old, stale leaves not only detract from the appearance of your landscape, but can harbour insects and fungi.
- Deep edging of planted beds provide definition and distinction between lawn and bed areas. This practice includes cutting a vertical edge where the grass meets a planted bed, and helps to keep stones and other debris from moving onto the lawn.
- While many trees require little pruning to maintain their habit, most shrubs and groundcovers will rapidly outgrow their locations. Using horticulturally sound techniques, most shrubs can be rejuvenated and controlled to bring them back to their intended appearance.
- Weeds can rapidly take over planted beds, and compete with desirable plants. An important part of any maintenance upgrade is the removal of weeds from hard surfaces such as roadways and curbs. These areas can deteriorate and become a liability as the result of unchecked weed growth.