Many years ago, Para Space completed testing of various weed killers and Fiesta® proved to be the most effective. Fiesta® was developed as a natural, organic alternative to chemical pesticides. The active ingredient is iron, which in fact is what makes your lawn a deep, rich green colour.
Through repeated applications of this mineral-based herbicide, the vigour of certain weed species in lawns is reduced. It helps your lawn by knocking back the weeds and giving the advantage to grasses.
Used in conjunction with appropriate lawn care techniques, we can work towards a healthier lawn with fewer weeds. Iron-based lawn weed control reduces weeds in a lawn by 40 – 60 % and, used in successive years, will improve the appearance of your lawn.
Fiesta® turf weed killer controls or suppresses weeds including:
|• Black medic (Medicago lupulina)
• Broadleaf plantain (Plantago major)
• Bull thistle (Cirsium vulgare)
• Canada thistle (Cirsium arvense)
• Creeping buttercup (Ranunculus repens)
• Dandelion (Taraxicum officinale)
• Dovefoot geranium (Geranium molle)
• English daisy (Bellis perennis)
• False dandelion (Hypochoeris radicata)
|• Healall (Prunella vulgaris)
• Moss, liverworts, algae and lichens
• Narrow-leaved plantain (Plantago lanceolata)
• Persian speedwell (Veronica persica)
• Shepherd’s-purse (Capsella bursa-pastoris)
• Silverweed cinquefoil (Potentilla anserina)
• Slender speedwell (Veronica filiformis)
• Wild chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla)
Note: Iron-based lawn weed control kills some, but not all species of weeds (for example, clover is not affected).