Every summer, water use in Metro Vancouver nearly doubles. The majority of this is due to outdoor uses such as lawn and landscape watering. On the hottest days, a staggering 2 billion litres of water can be used!
We must all do our part to help conserve this precious resource. Understanding how turf and other plants grow can help – remember that less frequent deep watering is far more effective than frequent light watering. This helps to encourage deep roots, which can better withstand dry periods. For those with automatic irrigation systems, ensure that your system is functioning as efficiently as possible – adjusting nozzles and pressures to avoid easily evaporated small droplets, setting run times for maximum soil penetration. Para Space offers a full range of irrigation services.
An hour of rain or watering per week is all you need for a healthy lawn.
Ensure that all manual and automatic watering follows the Metro Vancouver schedule, lawn sprinkling regulations are in effect from May 15 to October 15.
Residential lawn Watering allowed:
- Even-numbered addresses Monday, Wednesday, Saturday mornings 4 am to 9 am
- Odd-numbered addresses Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday mornings 4 am to 9 am
Non-residential lawn Watering allowed:
- Even-numbered addresses Monday, Wednesday mornings 1 am to 6 am
- Odd-numbered addresses Tuesday, Thursday mornings 1 am to 6 am
- All non-residential addresses Friday mornings, 4 am to 9 am
For more information on Metro Vancouver watering restrictions, click here