Safety is our top priority!
Para Space is determined to promote safe working conditions and attitudes, and provide resources as needed to ensure safe work practices. We adhere strictly to WorkSafe BC standards in order to maintain our commitment to safety and encourage an environment where keeping our employees safe is our top priority.
- We are pleased to have been shown to meet the standards of WorkSafeBC’s Certificate of Recognition (COR) program since 2012. This program involves a strict audit of a company’s overall safety program, and is awarded to those who meet or exceed all the requirements.
- Our Joint Health and Safety Committee is a cooperative effort of all employees. The Committee assesses equipment and procedures, reviews injury histories, provides recommendations to minimize risks, and conducts investigations in the event of a serious injury. The Committee is accessible to all staff and submissions to the Committee are encouraged.
- We meet or exceed workplace safety regulations for first aid training. All supervisory staff are required to have current first aid training, which is also offered to field staff interested in working safely.
- High quality personal protective equipment and first aid supplies are available to all staff. Our safety rules require the use of PPE whenever appropriate to minimize or eliminate any hazards.
- We safely perform work at height using certified and trained staff, along with the latest in fall protection equipment technology.
- While workplace injuries are rare, we do have in place a graduated return to work program. This helps minimize the impact on affected staff and eases their transition back to normal duties
- Our knowledge and compliance with safe workplace regulations helps make Para Space a safe and healthy place to work. We are, of course, registered with WorkSafe British Columbia.
If you’re interested in seeking a rewarding career at a company committed to the safety of its employees, click here!