Position: Administrative Assistant
Department: Office Administration
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
The Administrative Assistant’s function is to provide support to the Office Administration team whom are responsible for the company’s paper flow and background processes. This would primarily include reception, formatting of documents, and word processing. A further breakdown of tasks can be seen below.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reception and telephone management (land lines and mobile devices)
- Maintenance of filing documents both on our network and in hard copy form
- Organization and sorting of paperwork from our managers and field staff
- Record keeping in the form of our customer contact list, site list, and employee information
- Data entry and book keeping (i.e. Sage data entry for company expenses, invoicing clients, etc.)
- Data entry and maintenance of various reports in Excel (i.e. Tracking sheets, record keeping and utilization of formulas such as VLOOKUP)
- Involvement in processing contract renewals and correspondence (i.e. Advanced formatting in MS Word, table creation, image editing and macro utilization)
- General office duties including cleanliness of our lunchroom and all common office areas, ordering of supplies both online and at shopping markets, weekly mail distribution, etc.
- Miscellaneous, other tasks as assigned
- Post-secondary education preferred
- Sage certification an asset
- Level 2 or higher Microsoft Office training required
- Previous administrative experience with the proficient use of excel tracking sheets, formal business document formatting and advanced outlook features is a must.
- Experience with Sage accounting software an asset
- Landscape industry knowledge an asset
- Punctual, trustworthy, and reliable
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal English communication skills
- Strong business correspondence writing skills
- Ability to multi task and work in a fast-paced environment, and deliver timely results
- Positive and professional team attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail and time management/organizational skills
- Leadership and customer service experience an asset
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
COMPENSATION AND PERKS
- Full-Time Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm (occasional overtime)
- Competitive wage ($18-22/hr depending on experience) with opportunities for advancement
- Benefits and RRSP (after 3 months – MSP, Extended Health Care Expenses, Dental Care, Vision Care, Sick Days etc.)
- 4% paid vacation
- Education sponsorship
- Perks (Company Events, Prizes, SWAG)
This is an entry level position with opportunity to grow and advance over time on a great team! To apply, please attach your resume and cover letter outlining your skills, experience and why you think you would be a good fit.
Candidates: Please note we thank all applicants for their interest, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.