Safety is our top priority!
Para Space is determined to promote safe working conditions and attitudes, and provide resources as needed to ensure safe work practices.
- We are pleased to have been shown to meet the standards of WorkSafeBC’s Certificate of Recognition (COR) program since 2012. This program involves a strict audit of a company’s overall safety program, and is awarded to those who meet or exceed all the requirements.
- Our Joint Health and Safety Committee is a cooperative effort of all employees. The Committee assesses equipment and procedures, reviews injury histories, provides recommendations to minimize risks, and conducts investigations in the event of a serious injury. The Committee is accessible to all staff and submissions to the Committee are encouraged.
- We meet or exceed workplace safety regulations for first aid training. All supervisory staff are required to have current first aid training, which is also offered to field staff.
- High quality personal protective equipment and first aid supplies are available to all staff. Our safety rules require the use of PPE whenever appropriate to minimize or eliminate any hazards.
- We safely perform work at height using certified and trained staff, along with the latest in fall protection equipment technology.
- While workplace injuries are rare, we do have in place a graduated return to work program. This helps minimize the impact on affected staff and eases their transition back to normal duties.
- Our knowledge and compliance with safe workplace regulations helps to make Para Space a safe and healthy place to work. We are, of course, registered with WorkSafe British Columbia.