We have the expertise to handle all of your landscape needs.
Para Space Landscaping believes that taking care of our clients and team means also minimizing our environmental impact. Leadership in education, safety, efficiency, and quality must be matched with leadership in ecological stewardship.
- We have been recognized by the Professional Landcare Network (PLANET), and have received multiple awards for environmental stewardship. These awards recognize landscape professionals who execute superior projects, exemplify sustainable practices, and apply the consistent use of quality materials and workmanship.
- Through extensive testing and research, we are able to offer biological and other non-chemical solutions for many landscape problems. Healthy vigorous lawns and plants are one of the best defenses against insects and disease. Organic-based fertilizers provide important nutrients and minimize unutilized nitrates.
- We strictly separate the green waste we collect to ensure it can be disposed of at facilities that will compost the material. More than 90% of the yard waste we collect is turned into rich organic soils.
- We pioneered the use of low decibel leaf blowers in Greater Vancouver. While this is now the quietest machine on our trucks, we still implement a 'use only as necessary' policy to minimize unwelcome noise.
- Our staff go directly from their home to the worksite, thus eliminating wasteful and unnecessary trips to and from a central location before moving on to the worksite. We accommodate a significant number of staff members who cycle, or use public transit for commuting.
- Our gas powered equipment is rigorously maintained, and meets the latest in government emissions standards. A program of phasing out older equipment has eliminated machinery manufactured under less stringent emissions regulations. New technologies such as valved 2-stroke engines significantly reduce fuel consumption and the resulting emissions.
- Our vehicles are maintained to meet or exceed manufacturers' recommendations. We strive to use the right type of vehicle for the job. These include high-efficiency diesels, and where appropriate, smaller vehicles.
- While we aren't yet paperless, we're getting there. We have policies in place to use less or no paper whenever possible. Our marketing material is printed on recycled product and our office and warehouse have strict recycling procedures in place throughout.